Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Universal Expansion and Reversal

     Throughout the course of time, our universe expanded into what we see today. The universe started out with expanding from a small point, in an event known as the Big Bang. I have heard of one theory that describes a repetitive event over the course of some trillion years where the universe expands and contracts. Confused? 

     Think of it this way... The Big Bang happened about 14 Billion years ago. At that point, the universe was erupting into existence. Imagine after adding some trillion years from that point to where the universe may expand to its maximum possible potential, then imagine it beginning to collapse back on itself. I made up this theory myself. 

     However, it does make me wonder what questions we could ask ourselves, or what questions I would ask myself, or even perhaps what questions you would ask yourself. 

     Even I am already asking some questions about my theory. Not just about its reliability, but rather… its potential. What potential does this theory have at being widely accepted? I could spin a yarn of reasons about why this theory has potential, but when it comes down to a decision between yes and no, I have to leave it up to whoever may read about it. 

     The questions I have about my own theory are questioning the potential. What about this theory makes it feel like it has potential? Is it in its documentation alone? Or, is it in the questions behind it?

     The questions I came up with and asked myself were: What would happen then if the universe were able to collapse back on itself? Would time continually undo itself to the point of the Big Bang and just start to expand again? 

     Well… that's the thing, I really can't tell. Not yet, anyway. So, it can't hurt to theorize, right? 

     The universe has changed much since the Big Bang itself. It's no supprise to me that the universe is still changing.

     It is not in my interest to scare anyone. What will happen to the universe in the eventual future is anyone's guess. I like creating senerios that I can use to give people an idea about all of the awesome, strange and bizarre suff that can happen in Science Fiction.

     The continuous changes in the universe have the potential to cause anything to happen. We have seen many examples of these changes. From different causes, through many effects. Not just there, but here as well. On Earth.

     So the next time you get stuck between a yes and no sort of theory, it doesn't matter whether it is a theory about something you think will happen in space, or in your own life, though nothing is certain you can always be sure that your theory has potential, you just have to go forth and tell people about it. This will serve as your chance (or chances) to prove it.

     Just as I will try to prove the potential of my theory, The Theory of Universal Expansion and Reversal.

No comments:

Post a Comment